27-28 Bridge Street
Telephone: 01223 321587
Monday to Friday, 10 am–2 pm
The Office is open throughout the year except for bank holidays and the period between Christmas and the New Year.
- The entrance to the building has two steps.
- A wheelchair ramp is available. To call for assistance, ring the bell to the left of the entrance.
- There is a wide lift to the first floor.
Carol Spong, Office Manager
Jane Carmichael, Course and Venue Coordinator
Gemma Clare, Centre Coordinator
Staff at the Office are always happy to deal with queries or problems, by email, telephone or in person.
Moving to new premises (2021)
U3AC’s lease of the Bridge Street premises expires in 2021 and Council is working to find other premises. This is what has been done so far (September 2020):
- Members have been consulted about their preferences and the Office staff have also been asked for theirs. The most important requirements are: a central location near public transport, good accessibility, better air conditioning and more lavatories.
- An Office Move Working Party has been set up. Permanent members are Susan Honeyford (Chair), Tim Ewbank (Vice-Chair), Margaret Kerry (Treasurer) and Carol Spong (Office Manager); other Officers or Council members join the team as required. The Working Party reports to Council regularly.
- An independent surveyor has been appointed whose job is to help find the premises and, with U3AC’s solicitor, to help us negotiate the best terms for the future premises and for a smooth exit from Bridge Street.
- We are now exploring a number of options.
Further material progress will be reported in the Newsletter, in the weekly Bulletin and on this website.
If you have any questions or comments, or even suggestions of likely properties, email firstname.lastname@example.org.